Here is the latest news about Feels Just Like It Should regarding its chart positions courtesy of the 14 May issue of Music Week, starting with the video (i.e., the good news!)...
- In the TV Airplay Chart, the video is a new entry into the top 40 at number 8. Last week it was at number 211 (mainly as it had only just been released to television, and probably helped to that position by the hourly airplay on MTV Dance on 30 April). Music Week writes "Making one of the most explosive leaps into the TV airplay chart this year is Jamiroquai, whose Feels Just Like It Should leaps on the back of strong support from MTV and The Box. Its stellar performance on TV contrasts with the lacklustre response from radio thus far, with the track not even figuring in the Top 50 most-played tracks, despite strong support from Radio One and Capital, three weeks ahead of its June 6 release date."
- On the "MTV Most Played" listing, the video is a new entry at number 6.
- On the "The Box Most Played" listing, the video moved to number 3 (it was at number 64 last week).
- The video is currently on the MTV UK "B" playlist (for info, there are nine videos on the "A" list, and seven on the "B" list)
For the single, this is how it fared last week...
- In the "Pre-Release Airplay Top 20" chart, which is compiled from airplay of dance records on Capital FM, the Galaxy Network, Kiss FM, BBC Radio 1 and The Vibe radio stations in the UK, Feels Just Like It Should is this week at number 6. Last week it entered the chart at number 15. This chart is compiled by Music Control. Last week this site reported that Jamiroquai were number 4 in this chart - I believe that last weeks chart was incorrectly printed by Music Week.
- In the "Cool Cuts Chart" which is featured on Kiss 100 and on Ministry Of Sound Radio, the Timo Maas remix is a new entry at number 6.
- On the BBC Radio 1 airplay chart, the single is a new entry at number 22, with 15 plays this past week. The previous week it had 11 plays, and was outside of the top 30.
- Capital FM (London), has the single on its "A" playlist, just as it did last week.
- The single is not on the Kiss 100 FM (London) playlist. Maybe I should remove the Kiss FM page from this site....